Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Shelf makeover.

I redid a shelf for Maleah's room when she was a baby. It was an unfinished wood piece that I got at Michael's and I painted it a "country" green when "country" green was in.

Now, six years later, it's not workin' so well. I am over-way over-the country green look. I was going to get rid of it, but I reminded myself that almost everything is salvageable and almost everything can look brand new with a coat of spray paint. I also remembered I had a super cute folder that I got at Target a while back. I didn't know what I was going to do with it but I knew I would someday use it in Maleah's room because the colors matched and it had birds and owls on it. Actually, the bird and owl thing is not restricted to Maleah's room. I am addicted to both and will use them anywhere and everywhere. So this is what I came up with. I spray painted the shelf with Rustoleum's Ultra Cover spray paint in Blossom White.



I then cut a few of the square pictures out of the folder and put Mod Podge on the back of each one and glued them onto the shelf. I also put a little Mod Podge on top of the squares.



And that's it. Quick and easy. Just the way I like it.

3 comments: